Frank and Mable Davis organized the Westside Missionary Baptist Church. The church started in their home in 1946. A church building was constructed in 1947 and our current sanctuary was erected in 1997. The old sanctuary was remodeled and renamed the Davis Family Life Center.
W.P. (Billy) Hubbard, John Ed Brackins, J.C. Caldwell, James Neal and others were some of the preachers who helped sanction Westside Missionary Baptist Church. After the completion of the church building located at 10th Ave NW, Decatur Alabama, Minister Paul Hubbard was named the first pastor.
In 1960, Earl Scruggs was called to the Pastoral position where he served approximately four years. Rev James McGahee was elected as the third pastor in 1962. He served until his death in 1970.